I love this quick, fruity, and bright salsa. I’ve had it with chips, beans, and shrimp tacos. Great every time! Definitely try it with the Chili-rubbed Shrimp Tacos! This recipe is from McMillan’s Taco Night.
- 1/3 c. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 peeled pineapple, cut into 1/4-inch dice (3 cups)
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño—stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine the red onion, lime juice, pineapple, jicama, cilantro, and jalapeño to the bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Let the salsa stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Serve right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.