I was looking on epicurious for good recipes with jicama, and I found this recipe. It looked great, and it has received rave reviews. I made it three times that week (using the entire large jicama). This salad is flavorful, unique, and really nice for a summer day! Without the avocado, it also can hold up two days–nice if you need to make something a day early.
Jicama Chopped Salad with Salsa Verde Dressing
- 3 tomatillos, husked, quartered
- 1/3 cup (lightly packed) cilantro
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño chili
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Corn tortilla chips (optional)
Puree first 5 ingredients in blender. Pour into medium bowl. Whisk in oil, then green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix all remaining ingredients except chips in bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve with chips, if desired.