I serve this salad frequently with anything Mexican I’m making. It’s great. Definitely has that earthy, a little bitter, taste, but great. One of my favorite go-to salads!
Watercress and Pepita Salad
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds watercress, tough stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pepitas on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. (Store at room temperature up to 1 day.)
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and cumin; whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. (To store, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.) Add watercress; toss to combine. Serve topped with pepitas.